January 24, 2017

Back to the island

Yes, you read that correctly, I'm back on the island. Back in Malta to be more specific. As you might have read in one of my other posts on the blog, I am spending this year abroad for my study. I spent 5 months in Madrid attending a university and the other 5 months are for internship. 
Because I enjoyed Malta so much 3 years ago, I thought, why not go again? 

Luckily, I have found a really nice internship here at a Marketing and PR company through one of my best friends. They are really nice people and I have felt very welcome from the first day on. 

This time I actually brought a very good camera with me, because my own broke a few months ago in Madrid. And as you know, maybe as a student yourself, students don't have a huge budget to spend on new tech stuff, so my parents were so kind to lend me their old, but very nice and good DSLR. 

Since Christmas, I feel like I want to spend more time on photography. I think this is because we spend Christmas day looking at old photographs my grandpa made of butterflies, birds, and even small, tiny insects. Of course, Malta is the perfect place to start experimenting and trying out new things with a camera. It's just a beautiful island. 

You might not believe it, but there are actually a few places I haven't seen yet here. So of course I am planning on visiting these places. Also, this time I am living in the south of Malta, Marsaskala. It is a little less touristic than for example Sliema, but I am actually quite happy with it. And they also have a really nice bay here with a boulevard with lots of nice restaurants and bars. 











On Monday I had a day off from work and I was very lucky, because the weather was beautiful. I am looking forward to spring and summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Life as a Rolling Stone. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio