April 21, 2017

Weekend in Gozo

On Thursday I decided to visit one of my friends in Gozo. She used to be my roommate in my first apartment that I rented in Malta, but she had to move to Gozo to work there and I eventually moved to another apartment. I thought it was the perfect opportunity to visit the beautiful small island again, this time with much better weather than 3 years ago.

I got off a bit earlier from my internship and headed with the bus to the ferry terminal. As the coming weekend was Easter, a lot of people had the same idea to go to Gozo. As a result, the bus was waiting in line for a long time, so I decided to get out of the bus and walk the last part.


When I arrived at the boat, I could immediately board the ferry. Did you know that it is actually for free to go to Gozo? You only have to pay if you want to get back to Malta.



I met my friend at the bus station in Victoria, which is Gozo's capital. We had a coffee and talked a bit before she showed me her apartment. She had a beautiful apartment, which had a gorgeous view of the Citadella church.









I didn't really manage to take a good picture, but trust me, it looks amazing at night with all the lights. After dinner, we relaxed a bit and went to sleep early.

The next day, the weather was really nice, so we had a good start in the morning on the balcony in the sun and after, we decided to go to the beach. We went to Ramla Bay, which has this gold, yellow sand and is one of the few sand beaches.

We decided to walk the last part, as we just missed the bus and the buses are not as frequent as in Malta. But the view was amazing, so we didn't mind at all.





After the sun started to go down, we went back home as it got a bit chilly. We actually went straight for a nap and woke up at around 22:00. My friend, made the Spanish tortilla de patatas for us to eat for dinner.


Look at this yumminess!

After dinner we talked and drank wine till about 3:00 and went to sleep again.
The next day we woke up, had pancakes for breakfast and in the afternoon I took the ferry back to Malta.



It was a super relaxing weekend, and I got to catch up on a lot of sleep. As my last months here have been filled with meeting with friends, work and going to parties in the weekend. If you are visiting Malta, I definitely recommend a visit to Gozo. As I think the island has more of the old Maltese style of living than Malta. Malta is more modern nowadays and a lot of foreigners moved to the island. So, if you truly want to experience the slow, Mediterranean lifestyle, Gozo is the place to be.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Life as a Rolling Stone. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio